Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Friendship/Thank You Card

Today was another good day of crafting with some wonderful ladies.  I truly love our time together and it is so good to laugh with them.  I'm working on a special Christmas project during our crafting sessions that will be shared on a later blog post - I hope!!!

Tonight I pulled together a quick card to say thanks to a friend who let us spend a couple of nights with her this past weekend.  It was so good to see her and get to spend time with her.  I value her friendship and wish that we could spend more time together more often and that she didn't live 4 1/2 hours away.

To pull together the card I decided to use the colours from the Dynamic Duos Challenge - Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke.  Green is one of my friends favourite colours but unfortunately I didn't have any Always Artichoke paper so I used it for the ink only.


I also used the sketch from Sunday Stamps for inspiration to pull the card together.  I flipped the sketch on it's side as it worked better for the sentiment that I wanted to use.



Here's my card creation for these challenges:






Tools used:

Card stock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake (textured), Mocha Morning DSP
Ink: Always Artichoke
Stamp Set: Precious Butterflies
Other: Basic Pearls, Big Shot, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder, Stamping Dimensionals

Thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Like that you flipped the sketch! Like the small butterfly and the trio of pearls. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Steph! Soft, pretty colours and a fabulous sentiment too. Your friend is going to love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both the sketch and color challenge!! Love the use of the Mocha Morning DSP and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous job Steph! I always loved this DSP and colour combo :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card in just two colors! The swirly background paper and fabulous greeting give this quite an "elegant" feel to your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little green butterfly you added so cute! Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos & Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete