Monday, July 14, 2014

Make a Wish - Maritime Style

Hi Everyone,

I need to do some more blog posts so that I can get all those cards up that I made during my wonderful crafting session over the weekend - I love those with good friends and a drinky-poo or two!

I am really in love with the Maritime DSP in the new catalogue so this card really focused on that.  As always, I incorporated a couple of challenges in order to find inspiration.

1. Freshly Made Sketches

Unfortunately, my timing was a little off with this post and I missed the deadline to link up to this challenge.  But, I used their sketch for inspiration and I love it!


I simply love this colour combination - so "Maritime" style.  I chose to do a "Clean & Layered" effect on this one - it's one of my favorite styles!


Here is my card:





Card Recipe:

Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Whisper White, Maritime DSP
Stamp Sets: Perfect Pennants
Inks: Basic Black, Real Red
Tools/Techniques: Basic Black Bakers Twine, Basic Metal Buttons, Banners Framelits

Thanks for dropping by!
Steph

3 comments:

  1. Steph, What a perfect combination of the color and sketch challenges! Also a great combination of DSP and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dp too! Great card for both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous clean and simple card - you've combined both challenges perfectly! Thanks for joining us at FMS and The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete