Monday, October 27, 2014

Thoughts of Feathers

Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday!  I hope things are great in your neck of the woods, wherever that may be.

First off, I'd like to say thank you to the ladies over at CAS - Colours & Sketches for choosing my Neon Christmas Card as one of the top 3 last week.  You can check out my card HERE!

Winners Blog Button

Sorry for the quietness lately, it has been a very busy couple of weeks for me.  Last weekend I had a friend in town (my University roommate from back in the day!) to celebrate my birthday with me - what a weekend!  So very, very busy.  I did get a chance to get one quick card in over the last little while - one card, that's it!

This week we have a fabulous new sketch for you over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  The DT will have their inspiration creations up on the blog on Wednesday, this gives you some time to come join us and play along before we show you how we've all interpreted the sketch.  Please drop by and check out what the DT has come up with and make sure to play along!!!

I also decided to play along with the colour challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary.  I decided to use the colours as an accent this week and pair them with a beautiful neutral - Soft Suede.  And I was dying to get my hands on the new stamp set - Four Feathers - and the accompanying framelits.  Luckily, my wonderful crafty friend over at Hayley's Paper Garden just purchased them and I got to play!

CCMC326

For the silver portion of the colour challenge, I decided to use the redesigned Silver Glimmer Paper which is so super sparkly...

Time Out Challenges also had a fun "Inspired by Words" challenge on their blog this week - "Birds of a Feather Flock Together".  I think my card fits right in with this!

Grab Our Badge!

And finally, this week is an "Anything Goes" challenge over at Stampin' Royalty so I decided to play along with these gals as well.

Wear Our Badge

Here is my card today:





Card Recipe (all products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated):

Card Stock: Soft Suede, Lost Lagoon, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer Paper
Stamp Sets: Four Feathers, A Dozen Thoughts
Inks: Soft Suede, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow
Tools/Techniques: Linen Thread, 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Feathers Framelits

Thanks for dropping by - I love having you!!
Steph

13 comments:

  1. Love the feathers! Such a pretty card with the sparkle from the glimmer paper! Love the texture of the burlap, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle background and use of burlap, fab take on out challenge. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feathers are just sooo pretty and perfect in these colors! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors make for a lovely trio of feathers and they really pop on the Soft Suede background!! So pretty! Thanks for joining us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so amazed how you fit all those challenges into one card! That is not an easy task! I love how you tucked the little layered sentiment into the burlap - so sweet! Thanks for playing along in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the burlap with the feathers. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE burlap - one of my favourite products of all time. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the concept of your card. The feathers and burlap give it that natural feeling. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, I love the feathers against the burlap...very different textures! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice card with the feathers used as a background and also as layers on your burlap ribbon. This is one of my favorite stamp sets in the catalog! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, Happy Belated Birthday, Stephanie!! It sounds like it was grand! And, oh my, how I love this card! I have NBUS feathers, I have a wide burlap ribbon ... oh, yeah, this is going straight into my to-CASE folder and thank you for the marvelous inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love how you used the sketch and your trio of feathers tied together are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete