Monday, January 19, 2015

Blended Butterfly

Hi Everyone!!

Well this is my second post for today - strange huh?!?!  As mentioned previously, I spent the evening crafting with a wonderful crafting buddy and we were so productive!

Last week I watched an Online Stamping Workshop given by Diane Dimach over at DDStamps.com and saw a technique that blew my mind - it was amazing.  Basically, Diane cut out one of the butterflies from the new Stampin' Up! Butterfly Thinlet Dies, stuck it to a piece of Whisper White card stock and then coloured in the negative spaces with Blendabilities.  I was just amazed and knew that I had to try it right away!!!  I could barely wait for my order to arrive last week!  So tonight was the night...





You should really take a look at Diane's gorgeous card and tutorial HERE.

As always, I decided to play along with a few challenges, they really get my mojo going!

1. Freshly Made Sketches

I loved this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I took a little liberty with it but I think it works.


2. Hand Stamped Sentiments

This is a new challenge for me and one that I think I will have a lot of fun playing along with.   Their challenge this week was to use the colours Basic Black, Whisper White and Melon Mambo.


3. NBUS

Darnell over at DJKardKreations.com has a super fun challenge on - NBUS - which is a term she coined for "Never Before Used Schtuff".  I think it's great to start pulling out the stuff in our craft spaces that have never seen the light of day.  I used my new Butterfly Framelits and the sentiment for the card is from a new stamp set that I received last week called "Sheltering Tree".  If you have never been to Darnell's blog, you really MUST go.  She is so much fun!  I love reading her blogs, they always leave me with a smile on my face.


4. CAS-ology

This week the word of the week over at CAS-ology is NBUS - how appropriate!


Card Recipe (all products used are Stampin' Up! products unless otherwise indicated):

Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree
Inks: Melon Mambo Blendabilities
Tools/Techniques: Big Shot, Butterfly Thinlets

Thanks for dropping by, I'm so glad you did.
Steph


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your butterfly is so striking and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the colors with the black butterfly! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly beautiful. I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous. The coloring totally makes the card, and your color scheme overall is so striking. I am in love. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, and looks like such fun to make! I have to try it myself, as this butterfly bundle is definitely my new favorite! Thanks so much for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty! I just got this set myself and am going to have to try this technique with the butterfly framelits as well! Thank you for joining us this week at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an easy and fabulous technique! Thank you for the link, Steph! I love how vibrant your CAS card is! You really rocked both the color and sketch challenges and I'm so appreciative that you played in both the CASology and NBUS challenges!! A perfect marriage all the way around!! Thank you, too, for your kind words!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! Love the colorful butterfly...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty!!! Color challenge was perfect for your Butterfly!!!
    The Butterfly really pops!!! Love the coloring!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. I will be checking out the video and giving it a try. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete