Monday, March 2, 2015

A Treat Bag Card

Hi Everyone!

So I don't know about you but ever since I saw the Treat Bag Framelits in the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue, I have been dying to use them!  This past weekend we had a surprise party for a friend's 50th birthday so I thought it was time to break out the treat bag and have a little fun.

Here is what I created:



In the treat bag I put a little note card in Blushing Bride and Whisper White card stock with a "Happy Birthday" sentiment but I forgot to actually take a snap of that...oops!  In order to let the "celebrate" portion of the sentiment pop more, I embossed it using Blushing Bride embossing powder and fussy cut the banner out.  I think it adds a little more depth to the creation.

As per normal, I was inspired by the following challenges:

1. Create with Connie & Mary

I was just in love with this week's colour challenge - Rose Red (this is fast becoming one of my favourite colours!), Blushing Bride and Blackberry Bliss (another of my favourites!).  How could I not play along?!?!

CCMC344

2. Seize The Birthday

I love building up my stash of Birthday cards and playing along and being inspired by the ladies over at Seize the Birthday certainly helps in this area.  This week I chose to play along with the "Anything Goes" portion of the challenge.


Card Recipe:

Card Stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Painted Blooms DSP
Stamp Sets: Balloon Bash, Age Awareness
Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Rose Red, Versamark
Tools/Techniques: Big Shot, On Film Framelits, Gold Sequin Trim, 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon - Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride Embossing Powder, Mini Metallic Clothespins, Treat Bag Framelits

Thanks for stopping by, I'm so glad you did!
Steph

7 comments:

  1. What a fun (and useful!) treat bag! I love how you've used the colors on both the card and bag and the gold sequin trim really sets off the richness of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary for the Color Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little treat bag! Love the tag and card inside is a bonus! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you created a treat bag for the challenge! It turned out really pretty especially with the trim you added. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birthday treat bag! Love the ribbon trim. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to use the challenge colors! I love all the trim you used on this treat bag! Too fun! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of using the bag as the envelope! The photo frame is perfect for a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun mini treat bag! I love the dsp you used for the bag - so fun! And I love the extra touches on there with the ribbons and sequin! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete